Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Whew! What an Adventure!

Hello, my buddies,

So. I've had quite the exciting week. Let me tell you about it.

Last Wednesday, I felt pretty crappy. I cried off and on all morning, and Mom kept sticking the darn thermometer in some pretty private parts to take my temperature. Such a drag. Eventually, it got high enough (101.8) where she and my Dad had to take action. It was storming pretty bad, but Grandma Jo came over to stay with Emily so Mom and Dad could take me to the doctor, at Children's Mercy South Urgent Care. Lucky for us, there wasn't another soul there, so we got right in to see the doctor. They took my temperature AGAIN (102 this time), listened to my breathing, and checked me out all over. Turns out, they said I had an ear infection and a bad cold, which I probably caught from my Mommy. And man, my ear hurt bad. But we got to go home, as long as Mommy agreed to take me to my regular doctor the next day.

Mommy and I headed out the next afternoon, on my 12th week birthday, to see our favorite Dr. Mellick. When we got there, I still didn't feel good. In fact, I was really starting to feel sick, AND I had just thrown up. :( This worried Dr. Mellick, and she didn't like my coloring, or my lack of wet diapers, so she told Mommy that she wanted to error on the side of caution and admit me to the hospital, where I could be monitored over night. So, back to the hospital we went, this time to check-in. When we got there, the took my temperature AGAIN (Really people?? Do you LIKE sticking that thing up my butt??? Seriously....) and I got checked out, and the doctor there agreed with Dr. Mellick, and they decided to run lots of tests on me. Mommy didn't come with me for the tests, (the nurses told her Mommies usually stay behind) but I told her I was very brave and it didn't hurt hardly at all. After the tests, Mommy dressed me in a funny looking dress and I got settled in on my new bed.

Mom and Dad stayed with me overnight, and nurses kept coming in to check on me, but I started improving right away. (Psssttt....I was really fine the whole time...just thought it would be fun to give everyone a scare so I could get some alone time with my parents without my sister around. It's ROUGH being the second kid, yo!) In fact, the tests all came back negative, and it turns out the very first doctor I saw was right - just an ear infection and a bad cold. I got to go home 26 hours after we checked in, after I was given two doses of a powerful antibiotic. But, I got what I wanted - extra time with the 'rents. My plan worked perfectly. :) And, my Mom did take some pictures of me lying in my hospital bed in my gown. But, the pictures are on her phone, and she has some learning to do before she can post them. But in the meantime, here are some more happy pictures for you! Enjoy! And, thank you for praying for me everyone. I DID feel pretty yucky. Colds and ear infections, and high fevers, are NO fun.

Here I am the morning between Urgent Care and getting admitted to the hospital. I DO look sick, don't I? Poor me.

And here I am with Gran and The Sister, celebrating Gran's birthday, which was Friday, which was the day I was in the hospital. Whoops, sorry about that Gran. Next time I'll plan better. :)

Happy Birthday!!

Chilling with Grandpa Steve.

Cute pic of me the week before all the sickness chaos. (11 weeks)

Playing in the Jumparoo @ 12 weeks. I'm definitely feeling better!

Yes, those ARE my feet touching the floor, thanks for noticing! Oh, and here is a video of me jumping! Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment