Thursday, July 1, 2010

I'm One Week Old Today!

What up people.

So, today, apparently, is my one week birthday. Because I'm a dude, I don't necessarily pay attention to dates and such, but I overheard my Mom talking to my Grandpa, who came over to see me today. I guess he used to always stop by on his way home from work for my sister's first few weekly birthdays, so he's doing the same for me. I appreciate how people are trying to keep things equal around here, it's nice. So, let's see....what have I been up to the past week....Mom and I came home from the hospital on the 26th, which was last Saturday. Pretty much just hours after that, I got to meet our friends the Atchley's. That was fun. My sister and their son Joshua, who's 3, played lots and I just listened, trying to learn the ropes. Also this week, I have spent some time with both my Grandmas - I have a Gran and a Grandma Jo. They both have verrrrry comfortable arms. :) Let's see, what else...I got my picture taken on Monday night, and seriously, that was so embarrassing. Mom took my clothes off and let these people, Pete and Emily, take my picture that way! I wasn't very happy about it, but I guess the pictures will make my Mom and my Grandmas happy, so whatever. I still cried an awful lot though. Also, this week, I've been sleeping a ton during the day, so that I get to have my parents to myself at night. That's working out ok, I guess....my parents don't seem exactly thrilled with this plan of mine, but they're putting up with it. For now, anyway. ;) Finally, this week, I met our friends Aaron, Megan, and Danny. They came over to eat with my family and they brought me an outfit and some trucks! YES! I've been noticing a LOT of dolls around this place and was starting to get concerned.... So, all in all, I'd say it's been a nice week. Looking forward to many, many more of them!

Wanted to share a few pictures that my mom snapped this morning. My sister, jeesh, she is ALL about this whole big sister thing. She was all up in my face this morning, being all, "Oh, baby, hug baby..." Jeesh. I pretended to sleep, to see if she'd lose interest, but she just kept it up, and kept trying to give me things to play with. Hey, sis. I'm a week old. I sleep right now. I don't play. Thanks for trying, though. I do appreciate the whole sharing thing, it's nice of you. And, I'm not complaining, but do you think we could limit the hugs to possibly just three a day, and not, like 50? You were, like, laying on me at one point. Get off me. Seriously.

Anyway, enjoy the pics people. :)

Love, Connor

Getting loved on by The Sister.

Aaaand....some more. Get. Off. Me.

Here is Emily sharing our new blocks with me. I appreciated it.

Me and the Orange Block. He was lots of fun to play with. Don't I look like I'm having fun??

She was pretty insistent that I have plenty to play with this morning. ;)

Oh, and you know what? Totally just realized that I have yet to post pictures from my time at the hospital and from my first day home. I'll do that. Soon. Mom wants me to try to sleep now though. Talk to ya. ;)


1 comment:

  1. Connor,
    Yeh, those big sisters can be a real pain but they take care of us too. As for mom she only thinks she controls when she sleeps, I'm almost 8 months old and I still don't sleep when my mom wants me to. Can't wait to meet you!
    Robert

    ReplyDelete